Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some Background

I have been reading, listening to recorded books, and watching movies in an attempt to get my arms around the vast quantity of Crichton's work. I am making good progress but there is still a lot to do especially if I want to study it in depth. So, I thought I would sprinkle in a few posts on background issues that are key to understanding what MC has done. Over the next few weeks or months, I will toss in posts to address the following questions:

1) What is Science?
2) What is Technology?
3) What is the relationship between Science and Technology?
4) What is the Ethics of Technology?
5) What do we mean when we say something is True?
6) Why do most people disregard the Truth?
7) Why are Writing and Storytelling becoming increasingly more important?

Understanding the answers to these questions is key to understanding Micheal Crichton. And hopefully, it will peak your interest enough to keep you reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment